COVID-19 Appointment Protocols
- Stay in your vehicle or outside the building arriving 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. Please park your car in a “numbered space” and call our office at (615)740-8812 to let us know that you have arrived. The front desk will check you in by phone, updating information and answering any questions you may have. It is critical that you arrive on time.
- If your child is here for a check-up and is comfortable coming into the office alone, please have them do so. One of our clinical staff will come to your car to escort them in. if you must accompany a young child, or your child has a sedation appointment, ONE parent/guardian will be allowed. All parents entering the office must bring a face covering (mask or cloth).
- All of our staff members will also be wearing masks. The purpose of this protocol is to try to limit contact amongst families and establish social distancing. We will maintain social distancing by limiting the number of people in the reception area. All toys, magazines, gaming, and other shared materials are suspended.
- Upon entering the office, one of our staff members who will be wearing a mask and gloves will meet you and/or your child and take their temperature with a non-contact forehead thermometer. The CDC defines a fever at 100.0 degrees F or higher. Should your child have a fever the appointment will be rescheduled.
- All patients and parents will be asked to use hand sanitizer before they enter the office. Our staff will then escort your child directly into the clinical area.
- All our staff will be wearing protective masks, eyewear, face shields, and gloves.
- We have plexi-glass installed between each exam chair. We also have plexi-glass installed at the front desk and each consult room.
- HEPA filters have been placed throughout the office.
- Upon completion of appointment: If you are waiting outside, your child will be escorted to your car by one of our clinical staff to discuss the results of the visit and provide your next appointment card.
- Our goal is to limit time in the office, maintain social distancing, and avoid unnecessary contact.
- Please report any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 to us within 14 days following your visit to our office.
Do not hesitate to ask any questions regarding these changes. Our staff and doctors are here to keep you safe and informed.
Thank you and be well,
Dickson Pediatric Dentistry